1. All references to the term “Site” are to this Internet Site; the terms “you” and “your” refer to a visitor of this Site and the terms “Michelin”, “us”, “our” and “we” refer to Michelin Korea Co., Ltd. and its affiliates, sister and parent concerns and its third party partners.
2. Michelin is committed to maintaining the privacy of our customers and / or persons visiting the Site. This page sets out our policy on how we manage “personal information”. This policy is intended to help you understand how we manage the personal information that we collect, retain, use and delegate, how you can seek access to and correction of that information and, if necessary, how you can make a complaint on our handling of that information.
3. Types of personal information that are being collected and retained
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services we and our third party partners offer such as, but not limited to, e-mail enquiries (contact us), user reviews, surveys, social sharing features (such as the Facebook “Like” button or other tools) or specific promotions.
We may collect the following personal information to provide you the above services during your visit and use of the Site. Also, we may receive the following personal information from our third party partners including, but not limited to, Naver:
- your name, email address, phone number;
- any personal information which you typed in the message box within the “Contact Us” service of the Site; and
- your Naver ID, the name and type of restaurant which you made reservation or selected via the Naver reservation system
This Site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user’s IP address and session info such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. This is recognized by the web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of the Site.
A cookie is a small file saved on a user’s computer to help store preferences and other information that is used on webpages that they visit. Cookies can save a user’s settings on certain websites and can sometimes be used to track how visitors get to and interact with websites. It is important to clarify that cookies do not collect any personal information stored on your hard drive or computer. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Michelin is constantly searching for new ways to enhance its website(s) and improve the service it delivers to you. Michelin uses different types of cookies. Some of these cookies require the online user’s prior permission (advertising cookies) before they can be installed on the user’s device.
How to delete Cookies?
You have control over these cookies: you can block them, destroy them or manage the cookie settings. If you would like to disable / block our cookies from your hard drive, you can find out about removing them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. Uninstalling or blocking the cookies used on Michelin websites can impede or even prevent your use of these websites. You are free to block our cookies & adjust your browser settings accordingly.
5. Period of retention and use of personal information
In principle, we will destroy the personal information of you without delay if: (a) you withdraw your existing consent to our collection and use of your personal information or (b) the purposes of collection and use of personal information have been achieved. However, if any of your personal information is required to be retained under applicable laws and regulations, we will retain such personal information for the period as prescribed under such applicable laws and regulations.
6. Purposes for which we may collect, use and delegate the handling of your personal information;
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services we offer such as, but not limited to, e-mail enquiries (contact us), user reviews, surveys, social sharing features (such as the Facebook “Like” button or other tools) or specific promotions from Michelin and/or our third party partners or online booking. In each case we will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to take part in. You will be given an opportunity to opt out of further contact if you wish. If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
Specifically, we use the collected personal information for the following purposes:
- grievance handling including complaints;
- notification and contact for various issues including our response to your questions;
- provision of our services;
- delivery of newsletter or various notifications relating to provision of our services; and
- sending emails, text messages (e.g., SMS), etc. for marketing purpose.
We may delegate the handling of your personal information to third party suppliers or service providers and our third party partners. These suppliers and service providers and third party partners are contractually obligated to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and they are required to use your personal information only for the needs of the services that were entrusted to them.
We delegate the handling of your personal information as follows:
|Delegatee||Descriptions of Delegated Services|
|Naver Corp.||Maintain and repair the Site, conduct relevant web-hosting such as managing the data retention server, operate online reservation service platform|
7. Procedures and method of destroying your personal information
Any personal information will be moved to a separate database (for papers, a separate document box) and destroyed after being retained for a certain period pursuant to our internal policies for retention of personal information and other applicable laws and regulations. Unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations, the personal information moved to a separate database (or a separate document box) will not be used for purposes other than retaining thereof.
Any personal information stored in the form of electronic file will be destroyed using a technical method which makes the records irreproducible, and any print-out version of personal information will be shredded using a shredder or incinerated.
8. Requesting access to your personal information;
You and your legal guardian are entitled to access personal information we retain by contacting the Michelin Guide Seoul Team (via contact details below).
9. Requesting correction or deletion of your personal information;
You and your legal guardian are entitled to request that we correct/rectify information that we retain about you. If you would like to do so please contact the Michelin Guide Seoul Team using the contact details below. You and your legal guardian are entitled to request for withdrawal of an existing consent by contacting the Michelin Guide Seoul Team (via contact details below). We will destroy your personal information without delay when you request for withdrawal of an existing consent.
10. Complaints and disputes;
If you have any complaints or disputes relating to our compliance with privacy laws please contact the Michelin Guide Seoul Team (via contact details below).
11. Contacting Us
Name: Michelin Guide Seoul Team
Phone number: 02-6240-5514
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org